Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Oscars Are Here....

and my winner goes to....just kidding. I still can't decide. I finally saw my last installation (of the ones up for best picture anyway). Hank and I will be attending a fun party Sunday to celebrate. Anyway, I had to add pictures of all the movies up for the best picture. My favorites were There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men. Of course I picked the most violent films but darn, Daniel Day-Lewis sure plays a good bad guy. And Javier Bardem, now I'd never heard of him before, but I was sure impressed. My friend Lynn thought the violence should have been more implied than so grotesque, but I was just so caught up in it all.





So at the beginning of "There Will Be Blood" my friend Jim (aka Jimatthegym) turned to me and said, "Looks like he broke his left foot". I about lost it. So funny. Daniel Day-Lewis is such an amazing actor. He can play the most sympathetic characters and then the deepest evil people. Amazing!



Juno was adorable. Very Garden State-ish


George Clooney is the man. I love him in everything even if he's basically the same character in all. I swear it's not because he's from Kentucky :)



Atonement was a great period piece. I certainly need to read the book now!


Thanks!

No comments: