Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stacey and Michael's Wedding Part I

I feel so honored to photograph weddings for such wonderful people. To me, it's so special to be there when a couple takes such an important vow to their relationship and their love. Stacey and Michael's wedding was no different. I remember meeting with Stacey last summer and her describing the wedding. Every description she used was right on. Her day was perfect! Sunshine and happiness all around.

First off was getting ready at the Westin on Harbour Island. It's a lovely hotel that I've been to before for Gasparilla. Love it!

Stacey and Michael's ceremony took place at the lovely Kate Jackson Community Center in Hyde Park. The room they used was so bright and beautiful with yellow walls. The perfect place for a wedding :) Steven G. Shutter, a longtime family friend of Michael's, and a judge from Broward County, was the officiant. He did a wonderful job. I think it's so cool when somebody special to you does the ceremony. It makes it all the more personal. 

All of the bridesmaids I have photographed recently have worn light blue. It's fabulous! These ladies looked gorgeous. I love this photo of them all trying to get their sashes right. 

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

I love this moment between Stacey and her maid-of-honor, Kelly.
tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

Stacey and Michael opted for one of my favorite things, a First Look!!! They met under a gazebo and were able to spend some alone time on their wedding day! It was nice to see them actually be able to enjoy each other on such a special day. We were also able to do all of their portraits before the wedding, which made the day run so much smoother. 
tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

I really liked the colors the groomsmen wore. Very spring-like!
tampa-wedding

Doesn't Stacey look so great? 
tampa-wedding

I couldn't resist these two moments. 
tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

Husband and wife!
tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

Michael's parents looked so proud!
tampa-wedding

tampa-wedding

I have many more images to share from their portrait session and the reception. I'll be posting them here soon. I also have Amy and Josh's wedding to share. Check back!

As always, thanks to Joanna, who is the most uberfabulous friend and assistant that a girl could want. Her positive energy and spirit just makes my day great!

Thanks!

No comments: